Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Frank Gehry - You Rock.

I know I've included a lot of posts on housing and architecture, but it's really something I've become incredibly interested in throughout this design process.  Taz actually gave me a few architects to check out earlier in the semester and Frank Gehry was one in particular that jumped out at me. Here are some images of Gehry's "Beekman Tower"which is currently being built in NYC (set to be done later this year). I am drawn to the interesting angles and rippled effect of this building. I feel as though an atmospheric energy pulse bombarded this building...

A few specs: 76 story, mainly residential, elementary school on site, hospital space, and underground parking. Materials include enforced concrete and wrinkled stainless steel.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like wind blowing across a field of wheat. Fantastic design. I wonder how it addresses the street if it does at all. Gehry is famous for turning his back to street life. Good find.

    ReplyDelete